Saturday, September 17, 2011

Keeping it Simple



One of the things I enjoy doing is cooking. Usually it's just simple stuff that doesn't require a lot of work, or fancy, hard to get ingredients. I call it uncomplicated good cooking.
I usually don't follow recipes, I just go along with  how I feel and what I have on hand.





Simple ground beef, with parsley, garlic, onion, and fresh mozzarella mixed inside.



Sausage and peppers, any brand of Italian sausage, any type of peppers, or combination of peppers, onions, and tomato sauce.



Mac and Cheese, or in this case spaghetti and cheese. Use whats available. The great part of this dish are the left overs. Slice a hunk of it and fry it in some butter or if you have bacon fat, that's better and enjoy it with eggs.

9 comments:

  1. Brt Trt,

    Mmmm, mmmm good!!

    Looks delicious......DRYFLYGUY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alan,
    Did you grow the tomatoes? My neighbor just brought us over some home grown tomatoes the other day and there is no comparison to most store bought tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is making me very hungry...gonna be hard to eat my frozen dinner for lunch after looking at those pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! that stuffed meatloaf looks pretty mean. I am going to try that out real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making me hungry and I've already had breakfast. Those look great.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. DRYFLYGUY,
    Thanks.

    Ed,
    Thanks.
    No I did not grow them, but there's a farm close by and they grow them. You can't beat native grown.

    HighPlainsFlyFisher,
    Thanks.
    Sorry.....frozen, oh man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Savage,
    Thanks.
    It's actually a hamburger, only to large for a roll.
    I usually serve on one slice of crusty bread.

    Mark,
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who would have ever thought that a pink worm would catch wild fish ! Nice job getting out there any finding new places

    ReplyDelete