Monday, March 17, 2014

Top "O" The Morning Friends

Happy St. Patrick's Day folks. Today is the day when we are all Irish, and what a wonderful day it is. So perhaps you'll toss in a Irish CD and enjoy, or listen to Folk Alley's Irish Folk stream. Visit a local pub and enjoy a Guinness, some corned beef and cabbage and be Irish for the day.

Here is my contribution to the day. An Irish stew, only instead of lamb I'm using venison.

The main ingredient. It's cooked separately. I prefer to cook it this way and add it to the stew just before serving.


The vegetables slow cooking at an even simmer in a special broth.




The finished product. This stew can be served with a hearty bread, good butter, and a fine beverage of choice.








9 comments:

  1. Nice touch with the streamer, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stew looks good Alan, I'm ready for my dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great meal on those cold snow in days. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the green streamer. We cooked up corned beef, cabbage and potatoes yesterday. Tis a fine St. Pattys meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That reminds me of grandma's stew, she was after all from County Clare, Limerick. She was quite the cook. If you're looking for a name for that fly perhaps you should call it "Lucky Charm".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh ... real food! That looks so good because well... I'm on nutrisystem! Lol. And the green bug is where it's at today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comments. I hope your St. Patrick's day was wonderful.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete